- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
Youth kills aunt over land dispute in Comilla
A young man allegedly hacked his aunt to death over a disputed land at Mahichail village of Chandina Upazila in the district on Wednesday.
The deceased is identified as Rina Das, 40, wife of Ranjit Das of Mahichail village in Chandina upazila.
Officer-in-Charge of Chandina Police Station Mohammad Ali Mahmud said Ranjit Das locked into an argument with his brother’s son Samir Das over a piece of land.
At one stage of the argument Samir attacked Ranjit’s family with sharp weapon killing his aunt on the spot and injuring his uncle.
Three people including Samir were arrested in this regard.
The body was sent to Comilla Medical Hospital for post-mortem examination.