- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
Woman killed in C’nawabganj road crash
A woman was killed on Wednesday morning as a bus collided head-on with an auto-rickshaw at Lalapara area of Sadar Upazila.
The deceased was identified as Fahima Begum, 24, wife of Masud Rana, a resident of Rasiknagar area of Shibganj Upazila.
Officer-in-Charge of Chapainawabganj Police Station Saber Reza Ahmed said a Shibganj-bound bus hit an auto-rickshaw, leaving Fahima critically injured around 11 pm.
Local rushed the victim to Chapainawabganj Sadar Hospital where on-duty doctor declared her dead.
However, the driver of the bus managed to flee the scene.