- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
Special trains for Biswa Ijtema
Bangladesh Railway (BR) has made arrangement to operate special trains in different routes of the country to facilitate the movement of Muslim devotees of the Biswa Ijtema.
The three-day Ijtema, the second largest Muslim congregation after hajj, will begin on January 12 on the bank of the River Turag in Tongi.
According to a BR press release, a special train will run from Jamalpur to Tongi on January 12 and 13, two other special trains from Dhaka to Tongi and Tongi to Dhaka on January 12 and another special train from Laksham to Tongi will run on January 13.
On January 14, seven special trains will operate from Dhaka to Tongi, three trains from Tongi to Mymensing, one special from Tongi to Akhaura and another will be operated on Tongi to Akhaura to Laksham route.
Meanwhile, for convenience of devotees, all Dhaka bound inter-city trains will halt at the Tongi Station for two minutes starting from January 9 and it will continue before the Akheri Munajat till January 14.
The regular train services like Subarna Express, Tista Express, Kalni Express, Mahua Express, Turag Express, Dhaka-Naryanganj commuter, Dhaka-Tongi commuter, Dhaka-Jaydebpur commuter and Dhaka-Comilla commuter will be suspended during the day of Akheri Munajat.