- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
HC asks ACC to probe assets of BASIC bank MD, DMD
The High Court on Wednesday directed the Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) to investigate the personal assets of former Managing Director Kazi Fakhrul Islam and Deputy Managing Director Fazlus Sobhan of BASIC Bank over loan scam.
A bench of Justice M Enayetur Rahim and Justice Sahidul Karim this afternoon passed the order after granting bails of four accused including DMD Fazlus Sobhan.
According to an inquiry of Bangladesh Bank, about Tk. 4,500 crore was swindled out from BASIC Bank in 2015.
In September of 2015, the ACC filed 54 cases with three police stations accusing 156 individuals including 26 BASIC bank officials in this regard.