- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
PM to address nation Friday
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will address the nation on Friday, marking the completion of her government’s four years in office after the January-5, 2014 national election.
The PM’s speech will simultaneously be broadcast by Bangladesh Television, Bangladesh Betar as well as private TV channels and radio stations from 7pm, said Cultural Affairs Minister Asaduzzaman Noor on Wednesday.
While addressing a press briefing at his ministry, the minister said a cultural event will also be arranged at the Army Stadium in the evening on the occasion where Prime Minister’s address will be projected on big screen.
On January 12, 2014, the Awami League government, led by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, took office for the 2nd consecutive term with an overwhelming victory in the last general election held on January 5, 2014.