- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
3-day Nat’l Vegetable Fair begins Sunday
The 3-day National Vegetable Fair will kick off on Sunday in the city in a bid to ensure safe vegetable production, sound health and nutrition for consumers.
Shipping Minister Shajahan Khan will inaugurate the fair at Krishibid Institute Bangladesh (KIB) auditorium at Farmgate as the chief guest while Agriculture Minister Matia Chowdhury will be special guest.
Senor secretary of Agriculture Ministry Md Moinuddin Abdullah will preside over the opening ceremony.
This year, the theme of the fair is ‘Sara bochor sabji chashe, pusti-shyastha aurtho ashe’ (Meaning if you cultivate fruits round the year, you will earn money along with nutrition and sound health).
A rally will be held from South Plaza of the Jatiya Sangshad and end at KIB premises around 9:30 am.
Later, a seminar will also be held at KIB auditorium where a keynote paper titled “Year-long safe cultivation of vegetables to ensure nutrition, poverty alleviation in the changing climate” will be presented.
M Abdul Aziz, director general of Department of Agriculture Extension (DAE), will deliver welcome speech at the seminar.