- PM to bid adieu 23 plane crash victims at Army Stadium
- Khaleda’s bail stayed till May 8 in graft case
- 1st janaza of 23 plane crash victims held in Nepal
- BNP to resist bid to hold lopsided polls, says Rizvi
- BNP stages demo protesting Milon’s death in custody
- DU teacher relieved of academic duties for assaulting fellow
- Govt mulling pvt sector`s participation in power transmission, distribution
- Rajshahi fresher fails to surface after falling into Padma
- Burglars loot ‘Tk 72 lakh’ from Unilever distributor’s office
- Youth gets life in prison for raping visually-impaired girl
Heavy fog hits ferry services on Paturia-Daulatdia route
Ferry services on the Paturia-Daulatdia route in the Padma River remained suspended since early Friday due to dense fog.
The authorities of Bangladesh Inland Water Transport Corporation (BIWTC) suspended the ferry services and plying of the water vessels on the route from 3:30 amdue to blurred visibility caused by thick fog, said Nasir Uddin Mohammad Chowdhury, assistant general manager of BIWTC at Aricha.
Four ferries remained stuck in the middle of the river while eight others lay anchored at Paturia and two at Daulatdia ghats with a good number of vehicles and passengers on board.
Besides, hundreds of passengers were suffering as more than 300 vehicles, including buses, private cars, micro buses and goods-laden trucks, are waiting on both sides of the river to cross it, said Nasir Uddin.
Ferry services on the busy route will resume once the visibility returns, he added.