- PM to bid adieu 23 plane crash victims at Army Stadium
- Khaleda’s bail stayed till May 8 in graft case
- 1st janaza of 23 plane crash victims held in Nepal
- BNP to resist bid to hold lopsided polls, says Rizvi
- BNP stages demo protesting Milon’s death in custody
- DU teacher relieved of academic duties for assaulting fellow
- Govt mulling pvt sector`s participation in power transmission, distribution
- Rajshahi fresher fails to surface after falling into Padma
- Burglars loot ‘Tk 72 lakh’ from Unilever distributor’s office
- Youth gets life in prison for raping visually-impaired girl
Three killed in Nakhalpara ‘militant den’
Three alleged militants were killed and two members of Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) were injured after the law enforcers carried out a drive at a suspected militant hideout at West Nakhalpara in the city early Friday.
Tipped off that a gang of militants were staying on the fourth floor of a six-storey building at West Nakhalpara, a Rab team cordoned off the building around 2 am, said Mufti Mahmud Khan, Director (Legal and media wing) of Rab.
“At one stage, the militants opened fire and hurled a grenade around 5:30 am targeting the Rab personnel,” said Mufti adding that the Rab men also fired back in retaliation.
“Three militants were killed during the exchange of gunshots while two Rab members injured,” he added.
Meanwhile, a bomb disposal unit of Rab entered the building.
Further details of the incident were still awaited.