- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
Moghbazar building fire put out
The fire that broke out in a high-rise building at Moghbazar in the capital on Saturday was doused after one hour of frantic efforts.
Sources at Fire Service and Civil Defence central control room said the fire broke out at the basement of the 16-storey building ‘Green Austral’ in Moghbazar Chowrasta area around 11:40am.
On information, five units of firefighters rushed to the spot and doused the flame around 12:35am, said Masudur Rahman Akanda, assistant director of the fire service.
A private car was gutted in the fire, said the official.
However, the origin of the fire could not be known yet.