- PM to bid adieu 23 plane crash victims at Army Stadium
- Khaleda’s bail stayed till May 8 in graft case
- 1st janaza of 23 plane crash victims held in Nepal
- BNP to resist bid to hold lopsided polls, says Rizvi
- BNP stages demo protesting Milon’s death in custody
- DU teacher relieved of academic duties for assaulting fellow
- Govt mulling pvt sector`s participation in power transmission, distribution
- Rajshahi fresher fails to surface after falling into Padma
- Burglars loot ‘Tk 72 lakh’ from Unilever distributor’s office
- Youth gets life in prison for raping visually-impaired girl
Moghbazar building fire put out
The fire that broke out in a high-rise building at Moghbazar in the capital on Saturday was doused after one hour of frantic efforts.
Sources at Fire Service and Civil Defence central control room said the fire broke out at the basement of the 16-storey building ‘Green Austral’ in Moghbazar Chowrasta area around 11:40am.
On information, five units of firefighters rushed to the spot and doused the flame around 12:35am, said Masudur Rahman Akanda, assistant director of the fire service.
A private car was gutted in the fire, said the official.
However, the origin of the fire could not be known yet.