- PM to bid adieu 23 plane crash victims at Army Stadium
- Khaleda’s bail stayed till May 8 in graft case
- 1st janaza of 23 plane crash victims held in Nepal
- BNP to resist bid to hold lopsided polls, says Rizvi
- BNP stages demo protesting Milon’s death in custody
- DU teacher relieved of academic duties for assaulting fellow
- Govt mulling pvt sector`s participation in power transmission, distribution
- Rajshahi fresher fails to surface after falling into Padma
- Burglars loot ‘Tk 72 lakh’ from Unilever distributor’s office
- Youth gets life in prison for raping visually-impaired girl
Collision halts Dhaka-Ctg train service
The rail communications of Chittagong with Dhaka remained cut off following a collision between a Demu train and a truck at Panusua in Sadar upazila.
The accident took place around 9:30am on Saturday when the sand-laden truck hit the Comilla-bound Demu train at an unauthorised level-crossing, said Shafiqur Rahman, the station master of Comilla Railway Station.
Following the collision, the wheels of the train veered off the rail track, said the station master.
A Dhaka-bound train, 'Subarna Express', got stranded at Comilla Rail Station following the derailment.
A relief train from Akhaura was on its way to the spot to salvage the Demu train, he added.