- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
Collision halts Dhaka-Ctg train service
The rail communications of Chittagong with Dhaka remained cut off following a collision between a Demu train and a truck at Panusua in Sadar upazila.
The accident took place around 9:30am on Saturday when the sand-laden truck hit the Comilla-bound Demu train at an unauthorised level-crossing, said Shafiqur Rahman, the station master of Comilla Railway Station.
Following the collision, the wheels of the train veered off the rail track, said the station master.
A Dhaka-bound train, 'Subarna Express', got stranded at Comilla Rail Station following the derailment.
A relief train from Akhaura was on its way to the spot to salvage the Demu train, he added.