- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
Pranab due Sunday to attend Int’l Bengali Literature Conf
Former Indian President Pranab Mukherjee arrives here on Sunday to attend a number of programmes, including the closing session of the 'International Bengali Literature Conference', in the city.
Foreign Minister AH Mahmood Ali will welcome Pranab at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport upon his arrival by a Jet Airways flight in the afternoon, an official told UNB.
Pranab’s daughter Sharmista Mukherjee, among others, will accompany the former Indian President during his Bangladesh visit.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will inaugurate the three-day literature conference on Saturday at Bangla Academy while Pranab will be present at the closing ceremony of the conference on Monday as the chief guest.
He will meet Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina at her official residence Ganobhaban on Monday and will have lunch there together.
Pranab will also visit Bangabandhu Museum to pay respects to Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman on Monday morning.