- JP to make history by forming govt again: Ershad
- University teacher, friend drown in Sangu River
- US-Bangla flight makes ‘emergency landing’ at Dhaka airport
- Dhaka seeks stronger UN role in resolving Rohingya crisis
- ‘Lal Jatra’ to be held at DU to recall black night of 1971
- 38 shops gutted in Ctg fire
- Indian court jails powerful politician for embezzling funds
- Class 5 girl gang-raped, burnt alive in Assam’s Nagaon
- 20-party leaders to meet Saturday
- No election keeping Khaleda in jail: Moudud
Pranab due Sunday to attend Int’l Bengali Literature Conf
Former Indian President Pranab Mukherjee arrives here on Sunday to attend a number of programmes, including the closing session of the 'International Bengali Literature Conference', in the city.
Foreign Minister AH Mahmood Ali will welcome Pranab at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport upon his arrival by a Jet Airways flight in the afternoon, an official told UNB.
Pranab’s daughter Sharmista Mukherjee, among others, will accompany the former Indian President during his Bangladesh visit.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will inaugurate the three-day literature conference on Saturday at Bangla Academy while Pranab will be present at the closing ceremony of the conference on Monday as the chief guest.
He will meet Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina at her official residence Ganobhaban on Monday and will have lunch there together.
Pranab will also visit Bangabandhu Museum to pay respects to Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman on Monday morning.