- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
BNP standing body meets to select DNCC mayoral candidate
BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia sat in a meeting with her party's standing committee members on Saturday night to finalise the party’s candidate for the by-polls to Dhaka North City Corporation mayoral post.
The meeting began around 9:40pm at the BNP chief's Gulshan office.
A party standing committee member, wishing anonymity, said the meeting has been convened mainly to finalise the party’s mayoral candidate for the DNCC by-polls.
Khaleda Zia also had a meeting with the top leaders of BNP-led 20-party alliance last week over the issue.
At the meeting, the alliance leaders assured Khaleda of extending their support to the BNP candidate she will nominate to contest the by-election.
As per the schedule declared by the Election Commission, the by-polls to the DNCC mayoral post will be held on February 26.