- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
9 get death penalty for killing Narail AL leader
A court here on Sunday sentenced nine people, including a former UP chairman, to death in connection with the murder of Narail Awami League leader Probhash Roy.
The Khulna Speedy Trial Tribunal Judge MA Rab Hawladar pronounced the verdict this afternoon and also fined each of the convicts with Tk 50,000.
The convicts are identified as Bhadrabila Union Council Chairman Md Shahidur Rahman Mina, 52, his brother Md Ilias Mina, 56, his son Md Ashiqur Mina, 22, Md Russel Mina, 30, son of Mosharaf Mina, Bashar Molla, 30, son of Hatem Molla, Robiul Molla, 25, son of Moshraf Molla, Enayet Molla, 53, son of Haran Molla, Yasin Molla, 24, son of Motiar Molla and Mamun Mina, 28, son of Musa Mina.
All the convicts were present on the dock.
According to the case statement, Probhash Roy, president of Bhadrabila Awami League, was hacked to death while talking to the general secretary of his unit on February 1, 2017 at Mirpara Bazaar in Narail town.
Probhash’s wife Tutul Rani Roy filed a murder case against Shahidur and eight others with Narail Police Station in this regard.