- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
One of Nakhalpara militants identified
One of the three suspected militants killed in Nakhalpara operation was identified on Sunday.
Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) in a mobile text message said this afternoon that the real name of Zahid is Mezbah Uddin, son of Enamul Haque and Tahmina Akhter of Comilla district.
The fingerprints of Zahid matched with notational identity (NID) database of Mezbah.
Earlier on Friday, members of the elite force cordoned off the militant hideout located at 13/1'Rubi Vila', a six-storey building in Nakhalpara.
At one stage, the militants opened fire and hurled a grenade targeting the Rab personnel while Rab also retaliated.
During the exchange of gunshots, three militants including Zahid were killed and two Rab men sustained injuries.