- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
Teachers Association want Carmichael College principal to go
The Teachers’ Association of Rangpur Carmichael College started an indefinite strike seeking abdication of the college principal Dr. Abdul Latif from Saturday morning.
The teachers are protesting Abdul Latif’s alleged corruption, misuse of power and misbehaviour with teachers.
Prior to the latest protest, teachers already started their strike by locking up academic buildings.
Professor Aktaruzzaman Chowdhury, General Secretary of Teachers’ Association, alleged that Abdul Latif used to abuse teaching staff and threaten to transfer them if teachers spoke against his corruption.
“This time we will continue our strike until our demands are fulfilled,” Prof Aktaruzzaman added.
Supporting the strike of the Teachers Association, general students of the college formed a human chain and brought out processions demanding removal of the principal.