- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
Rush to declare suicide after dental student’s mysterious death
A student of Rajshahi Medical College dental unit allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself at her room after could not done well in examination.
The deceased was identified as Jannatul Wahida Mitu, a third year student of Bachelor of Dental Surgery of Rajshahi Medical College Hospital Dental unit and daughter of Matiur Rahman of Balugaon village in Sadar upazila of Chapainawabganj district.
Mitu used to live with her family at Bank Colony area in the city.
Quoting family members, Hafizur Rahman, officer-in-charge of Rajpara Police Station of Rajshahi Metropolitan Police, said Mitu committed suicide by hanging herself in her room after she could not do well in her BDS examination.
On information police recovered the body on evening, the OC added.