- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
Intellectually impaired girl ‘raped’ in N’ganj
A 15-year-old intellectually impaired girl was raped reportedly by a young man at Kalagachhia of Bandar upazila on Friday night.
Victim's mother filed a case with Bandar Police Station accusing Rubel, 25, son of Nur Gazi of Ekrampur Ispahani 1st lane, on Saturday morning, said Shahin Mondal, officer-in-charge (OC) of the police station.
Later, police arrested the culprit at noon, he added.
When the victim came out of her house to respond to the call of nature at night, the accused violated her, the OC said quoting the victim's mother.
The victim was sent to Narayanganj General Hospital for medical examination, he added.