- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
Khaleda verdict warning message for corrupt politicians: Quader
Awami League general secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader on Saturday said the court’s verdict against BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia is a warning message for corrupt politicians in the country.
“The judgment that the court delivered against Begum Khaleda Zia is a warning message for the country’s corrupt politicians,” he said.
Quader made the remark while inaugurating the superstructure works of the Kanchpur, Megna and Gomti Second Bridges Project at Megnaghat in Sonargaon under the district.
He said the jail is a normal phenomenon in the life of a politician.
The minister said BNP proved that it is a self-confessed party of corrupt persons by removing the section-7 from the party’s charter to pave the way for convicted corrupt persons to be the leaders of the party.
If anyone does politics s/he has to accept the jail, he said adding that they had to endure jail and repression too to reach to the present position.