- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
Discussion on Russian revolution at book fair on Sunday
A discussion on Russian revolution will be held on Sunday at the main stage of Amar Ekushey Book Fair in the Bangla Academy premises.
The discussion will be organised as part of the regular discussion event of the book fair while the fair will remain open from 3 pm.
Writer Hasan Azizul Haque will present the keynote speech. Dr Sarwar Ali, Syed Azizul Haque, and Imtiar Shamim will discuss while Pabitra Sarkar will preside over the session.
Today a discussion on Robi Guha, Munir Choudhury, and Sradar Fazlul Karim was held with Mofidul Haque and M M Akash presenting the keynote speech. Begum Akhter Kamal, Ajay Das Gupta, and Pias Majid discussed while Sanjida Akter presided over the session.
In the morning, children celebrated the Ekushey Book Fair Shishu Prohor (special time schedule for the children) on Saturday from 11 am to 1 pm.
The primary selection of music and general knowledge and speech competition was held as part of the Shishu Prohor celebration.