- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
Injured Shakib to miss first T20I against Sri Lank
Bangladesh cricket Test and T20I sides skipper Shakib Al Hasan will remain out of the squad in the first match of a two-match T20I series against Sri Lanka due to finger injury which he suffered during fielding against the same team in the Tri-nation ODI series final in Mirpur on January 27.
BCB physician Dr Debashis Chowdhury on Sunday said, “I cannot say with guarantee how many days will be required for Shakib to become fit. So, we are not confirm about his return to the series.”
“We opened the bandage of his hand yesterday [Saturday] and found the injury marks,” Debashis added.
BCB chief selector Minhajul Abedin Nannu said, “Now we can say that Shakib will not be able to play the first match on February 15 . We hope to get him for the next match on February18.”
The Tigers' all-rounder captain, who also missed a two-Test series against Sri Lanka, was included in the 15-man T20I squad announced by the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) on Saturday for the first match.
The first T20I will be held at Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium on Feb 15 while the 2nd one at Sylhet International Cricket Sttadium on February 18.
Immediately after the injury, the x-ray report was ok but Shakib required 10 stitches in his left-hand’s little finger.