- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
Man to die for killing wife in Netrakona
A court here on Sunday sentenced a man to death for killing his pregnant wife at Borshikura village in Sadar upazila in 2016.
The condemned convict is Suab Miah, 25, son of late Somed Ali.The court also fined him Tk. 20,000.
According to the prosecution, Shilpi Akter, 23, daughter of late Abdul Hannan of Darun Vali village, was strangulated to death by her husband Suab following a family feud on April 27, 2016.
Victim’s brother Sawpon Miah filed a case with Netrakona police station accusing three people the following day.
Police after investigation submitted charge sheet against Suab on July 25, 2016.
After examining all the records and eight witnesses, district and sessions judge KM Raseduzzaman Raja handed down the verdict.