- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
13 units bring Bhashantek blaze under control
A fire broke out at a Bhashantek slum in Mirpur early Monday.
The fire originated at the slum around 12:10am, said Mahfuzul Riven, duty officer at the Fire Service’s central control room.
On information, thirteen fire-fighting units from different Fire Service and Civil Defence Stations including Mirpur, Mohammadpur and its headquarters rushed to the spot and brought the blaze under control around 01:21am.
The estimated losses and the origin of the fire could not be known immediately, Riven added.