- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
PM reaches Rome for IFAD meeting
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina arrived at Rome on Sunday on a four-day official visit to Italy to join the upcoming meeting of the Rome-based International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) as one of its keynote speakers at the invitation of IFAD President Gilbert F Houngbo.
An Emirates flight carrying the Prime Minister and her entourage reached at Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino Airport at 6:50pm local time (BST 11:50am) via Dubai.
Bangladesh ambassador to Italy Abdus Sobhan Sikder and IFAD vice President Claudia Richter received the Prime Minister at the airport.
Sheikh Hasina and her entourage on Sunday 10:05am left Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport for Italy. When she reached at Dubai International Airport for a 90-minute stopover there, Bangladesh ambassador to UAE Muhammad Imran received her.
Finance Minister AMA Muhith, Agriculture Minister Matia Chowdhury and Foreign Minister AH Mahmood Ali are accompanying the Prime Minister.
Sheikh Hasina will present the keynote paper at the meeting on Tuesday (Feb 13).
During her visit, she will be staying at the Parco Dei Principi Grand Hotel in Rome.