- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
Country experiencing slow internet
People across the country have been experiencing slow internet since Monday morning as mobile operators were instructed by the government to slow down internet speed from 8 am to 10:30 am from February 12 to 24.
The instruction was given in a bid to prevent question paper leakage during the ongoing School Certificate (SSC) examinations, said Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BTRC) source.
The internet was slowed down for 30 minutes from 10pm on Sunday as trial run following the directive of BTRC.
Although the government took some measures to stop question paper leakage the SSC question papers are being leaked out from the very first day of the examination. The question papers are being found on social media sites before starting of the examinations.