- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
Mahbub ul Alam appointed new MD of Islami Bank
Md. Mahbub ul Alam has been appointed as the managing director and CEO of Islami Bank Bangladesh Limited.
Following the decision of the Board of Directors of the Bank, Bangladesh Bank formally approved the appointment.
Earlier, Md. Mahbub ul Alam performed as the Additional Managing Director and Head of Investment (Credit) Committee of the Bank.
Md. Mahbub ul Alam joined Islami Bank as a Probationary Officer in 1984. He served as the Head of Corporate Investment, Retail Investment, International Banking and Operations Wing, Head of Treasury, different branches and Divisions of Head Office in his 34 years career.
He completed Honours and Postgraduate from the Department of Marketing of Dhaka University. He is a Finance of International Trade (FIT) Graduate from Business School of Ireland and member of ICC Technical Committee.
Mahbub Ul Alam, father of one son and two daughters, was born in 1956 in a respectable Muslim family of Comilla district.