- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
BCL hartal in Rangamati underway
The dawn-to-dusk hartal enforced by Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL) Rangamati district unit protesting attack on Supayan Chakma, general secretary of Sadar upazila unit of BCL, is underway.
Due to the shutdown, all business establishments remained shut down since the morning while public transports, including water vessels, were not plying.
A group of miscreants swooped on Supayan at Rajbari area of Sadar upazila and stabbed him indiscriminately, leaving him critically injured on Monday evening.
Following the attack, the BCL and Juba League leaders and activists of the upazila blocked Rangamati-Chittagong road.
At one stage, the clash ensued among police and BCL-Juba League men while the law enforcers tried to drive away them from the road, leaving 15 leaders and activists, including a local journalist, injured.
They later announced the hartal in the district town for Tuesday protesting attack on the BCL leader.