- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
JaPa leader arrested over torturing female teacher
Police on Monday arrested a local leader of Jatiya Party (JaPa) from Hajiganj area under Fatullah Police Station of the city for allegedly torturing and physically assaulting a female school teacher of the area.
Police arrested Advocate Abdul Majid Khandakar, member secretary of Narayanganj district unit of JaPa over torturing and physically assaulting Shahinur Parveen Shanu, a teacher of Pacific International School of the area, on Sunday night, said Kamal Uddin, officer-in-charge of Fatullah Model Police Station.
Victim’s father Shaiful Islam filed a case accusing Abdul Majid Khandakar and his wife Rokeya Khandakar with the police station on Monday noon.
Police later arrested Abdul Majid from his residence in the evening.
According to the case statement, Abdul Majid Khandaker, and his wife went to Shanu’s rented house on Sunday night and offered her to give tuition to their granddaughter.
Shanu refused their offer saying that she has been suffering from kidney complicacies for the last six months.