- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
Nat’l Wrestling: BGB emerge men’s, Ansar women’s champions
Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) emerged men’s and Bangladesh Ansar women’s champions in the National Wrestling Championships that concluded at the Shaheed Captain (retd) M Mansur Ali National Handball Stadium here on Monday.
BGB clinched the 33rd National Men’s Senior Wrestling title securing four gold and four silver medals while Bangladesh Ansar finished runners-up collecting three gold and two bronzes. Bangladesh Army became third with one gold and one silver medals.
Bangladesh Ansar lifted the 7th National Senior Women’s crown securing four gold and four silver medals while Bangladesh Army became runners-up with four gold and two silver medals. Bangladesh Police finished 3rd with one silver and five bronzes.
Shipping Minister Shajahan Khan, who is also the President of Bangladesh Amateur Wrestling Federation, was the chief guest at the closing function of the two-day meet and later he distributed prizes among the winners.