- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
BNP to observe 6-hr hunger strike Wednesday
As part of its countrywide programme, BNP will observe a six-hour hunger strike in the city on Wednesday demanding the release of its chairperson Khaleda Zia from jail.
BNP Senior Joint Secretary General Ruhul Kabir Rizvi told UNB on Tuesday that their party leaders and activists will peacefully observe the hunger strike programme from 10am to 4pm in front of the Jatiya Press Club.
He said their party’s district and city units will also observe the similar programmes at their convenient time and places.
Earlier, BNP leaders and followers formed a human chain in front of the Jatiya Press Club on Monday and a sit-in programme in front of party’s Nayapaltan central office on Tuesday protesting the jailing of Khaleda Zia by a lower court in graft case.