- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
BNP leader Dudu sent to jail
A court here on Tuesday sent BNP Vice-chairman Shamsuzzaman Dudu to jail in a case filed on sabotage charge with Ramna Police Station.
Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate AKM Moinuddin Siddique passed the order after rejecting his bail petition when sub-inspector Sudeep Kumar Gosh, also the investigation officer of the case, produced him before the court.
Advocate Sanaullah Miah and Advocate Abul Hannan stood for Dudu.
The court also ordered the authorities concerned to take necessary measures as per the jail code as counsels sought division for the BNP leader, said court sources.
Earlier on February 8, police arrested the BNP leader from Segunbagicha area in the city in the case.