- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
DU signs MoU with Japanese university
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between Dhaka University (DU) and Tokyo University of Foreign Studies, Japan here on Tuesday.
DU Vice-chancellor Prof Dr Md Akhtaruzzaman and President of Tokyo University of Foreign Studies Prof Hirotaka Tateishi signed the MoU on behalf of their respective sides at the DU VC’s office.
Director of the DU Institute of Modern Languages (IML) Prof Dr Shishir Bhattacharja, Teacher in-charge of Japanese Language and Culture Programme of IML Dr Mohammed Ansarul Alam, Professor of Tokyo University of Foreign Studies Dr Naonori Kusakabe and Fund Rising Coordinator of Shapla Neer, a Japanese organisation in Dhaka, Ayako Inose were present on the occasion.
According to the MoU, the two universities will exchange teachers and students as well as conduct joint research activities.
Earlier, Japanese Professor Dr Naonori Kusakabe called on Dhaka University (DU) the DU Vice-chancellor at the latter’s office.