- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
No corrupt person to be spared: Quader
Awami League General Secretary Obaidul Quader on Wednesday said no corrupt person will be allowed to escape during the Awami League rule.
“Terrorists and drug traders have no place in Awami League and on corrupt person will be allowed to escape either during the regime of AL,” he said.
Obaidul Quader was addressing a rally arranged by local Awami League at Dhulot in Savar after inaugurating a bridge.
“After failure in politics, BNP is lodging their complaints to foreigners but foreigners can’t bring democracy in the country. It’s the country’s people who will vote that party to power which will work for development,” he said.
Quader, also the Road Transport and Bridges Minister, said the only goal of Prime Minister Shaikh Hasina is to lead the country towards advancement and Awami League will return to power in the next general election.
Dhamrai MP MA Malek, former MP Benzir Ahmed and Dhaka Zila Parishad chairman Mahbubur Rahman were also present there.