- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
Legal notice seeks Nahid’s removal
A legal notice was sent to the President Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday seeking removal of Education Minister Nurul Islam Nahid for his ‘failure to prevent question paper leakage in all public examinations.’
Supreme Court lawyer Advocate Eunus Ali Akanda sent the notice in the morning.
The notice said, “The Education Minister has no right to hold the position as he is unable to restraint question paper leak. As per section 56(2) of the Constitution a non-parliament member who is a scholar and has great contributions in education sector can be appointed as a fresh Education Minister.”
The notice also said according to section 102 of the Constitution, a writ petition will the filed with the High Court if the authorities fail to take proper steps within 24-hour in this regard.