- PM to bid adieu 23 plane crash victims at Army Stadium
- Khaleda’s bail stayed till May 8 in graft case
- 1st janaza of 23 plane crash victims held in Nepal
- BNP to resist bid to hold lopsided polls, says Rizvi
- BNP stages demo protesting Milon’s death in custody
- DU teacher relieved of academic duties for assaulting fellow
- Govt mulling pvt sector`s participation in power transmission, distribution
- Rajshahi fresher fails to surface after falling into Padma
- Burglars loot ‘Tk 72 lakh’ from Unilever distributor’s office
- Youth gets life in prison for raping visually-impaired girl
Fatema starts serving Khaleda in jail
BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia’s domestic help Fatema Begum has been allowed to serve her in the prison following a court order.
Three days after the special court ordered the jail authorities to give the BNP chief division, Fatema on Wednesday started assisting her staying with her in the old Dhaka central jail.
Earlier on February 11, the court directed the jail authorities to provide the facilities of first class division to BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia who was sentenced to five years’ imprisonment in the Zia Orphanage Trust graft case.
According to the jail code, the 73-year-old leader can keep a domestic help to look after her round the clock, said BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir.
On February 8, when the BNP chairperson landed in jail, Fatema accompanied her inside the jail but had to leave within a few hours.