- PM to bid adieu 23 plane crash victims at Army Stadium
- Khaleda’s bail stayed till May 8 in graft case
- 1st janaza of 23 plane crash victims held in Nepal
- BNP to resist bid to hold lopsided polls, says Rizvi
- BNP stages demo protesting Milon’s death in custody
- DU teacher relieved of academic duties for assaulting fellow
- Govt mulling pvt sector`s participation in power transmission, distribution
- Rajshahi fresher fails to surface after falling into Padma
- Burglars loot ‘Tk 72 lakh’ from Unilever distributor’s office
- Youth gets life in prison for raping visually-impaired girl
Hundi trader held with Tk 64 lakh in Jessore
Members of Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) arrested a Hundi trader along with Tk 64 lakh from Raghunathpur in Sharsha upazila here on Wednesday night.
The arrestee was identified as Babu Mia, 43, son of Late Ramjan Ali of Sarbanghuda village in Sarsha upazila.
Tipped off that a hundi trader was coming from India with huge money, a BGB team lead by Habildar Mamun-or-Rashid arrested Babu Mia, said 49 BGB Commander Lt Col Ariful Haque.
The arrestee was handed over to Benapole Port Police Station, he added.