- 20-party leaders to meet Saturday
- No election keeping Khaleda in jail: Moudud
- Addressing Rohingays’ statelessness is key: UNHCR envoy
- Pakistan celebrates National Day with military parade
- Youth ‘commits suicide’ in Sirajganj
- Pilot Abid Sultan’s wife dies
- 3 DU students picked up by RAB
- Moudud for street movement to have Khaleda released
- Govt only changed AL men’s fortunes, alleges BNP
- Kakon Bibi laid to eternal rest
2 held with 3,195 Yaba tablets in Rajshahi, C’nawabganj
Members of Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) have arrested two alleged drug traders along with some 3,195 Yaba tablets in Rajshahi and Chapainawabganj districts.
In Rajshahi, an alleged drug peddler was held along with 3,000 contraband tablets from Cityhat Bypass area under Shah Makhdum Police Station in the city on Wednesday morning.
The arrestee was identified as Abdul Hamed, 40, son of late Irfan Ali of Shuknapara village in Chapainawabganj Sadar upazila, said a Rab press release.
Acting on a tip-off, an elite force team from Mollahpara camp conducted a drive in the area around 9:30am and arrested Hamed along with the Yaba pills.
In Chapainawabganj, the crime-busting force arrested a young man along with 195 Yaba tablets from Dhakkamara of the district town on Wednesday noon.
The arrestee is Mohammad Raju, 35, son of Obayedur Rahman of Masjidpara in the town.
Being tipped that the contraband pills were being sold at Dhakkamara, a Rab-13 team, led by its commanding officer M Motahar Hossain, conducted a drive there.
During the drive, the elite force arrested Raju along with the Yaba tablets, said assistant police super Sudarshan Roy.