- 20-party leaders to meet Saturday
- No election keeping Khaleda in jail: Moudud
- Addressing Rohingays’ statelessness is key: UNHCR envoy
- Pakistan celebrates National Day with military parade
- Youth ‘commits suicide’ in Sirajganj
- Pilot Abid Sultan’s wife dies
- 3 DU students picked up by RAB
- Moudud for street movement to have Khaleda released
- Govt only changed AL men’s fortunes, alleges BNP
- Kakon Bibi laid to eternal rest
Myanmar Home Minister Swe in city
Myanmar's Home Minister Lt Gen Kyaw Swe arrived here on Thursday afternoon on a three-day visit when Bangladesh is expected to press for restoration of peace and stability in Rakhine State for sustainable return of Rohingyas.
He landed at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport by a Thai Airlines flight around 12:48pm, an official told UNB.
The Myanmar Minister will meet President Abdul Hamid on Thursday evening.
Swe will hold a meeting with his Bangladesh counterpart Asaduzzaman Khan on Friday.
Apart from the Rohingya crisis, the two sides will discuss halting smuggling of arms and drugs and full implementation of border agreement, officials said.
Bangladesh is likely to ask Myanmar to take effective measures to stop narcotics production and smuggling and end drug trafficking across the border.