- PM to bid adieu 23 plane crash victims at Army Stadium
- Khaleda’s bail stayed till May 8 in graft case
- 1st janaza of 23 plane crash victims held in Nepal
- BNP to resist bid to hold lopsided polls, says Rizvi
- BNP stages demo protesting Milon’s death in custody
- DU teacher relieved of academic duties for assaulting fellow
- Govt mulling pvt sector`s participation in power transmission, distribution
- Rajshahi fresher fails to surface after falling into Padma
- Burglars loot ‘Tk 72 lakh’ from Unilever distributor’s office
- Youth gets life in prison for raping visually-impaired girl
BD delegation to visit Kosovo, Albania on Feb 16-20
State Minister for Foreign Affairs Md Shahriar Alam will lead a delegation comprising senior officials from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for an official visit to the Republic of Kosovo and the Republic of Albania respectively on February 16-20.
It would be the first high-level visit from Bangladesh to Kosovo and after a long time for Albania.
At the invitation of the Foreign Minister of Kosovo to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the declaration of the independence of the Republic of Kosovo, the State Minister will attend the solemn ceremony in Pristina on February 18.
During the visit, he will pay a courtesy call on Hashim Thaçi, the President of the Republic of Kosovo and will discuss the ways and means to cement meaningful and well-founded bilateral relation between the two countries after the establishment of diplomatic relations.
State Minister will also pay an official visit to the Republic of Albania and will hold bilateral meeting with Etjen Xhafaj, Deputy Foreign Minister of Albania.
They will discuss various aspects of Bangladesh-Albania bilateral relations and the ways to further strengthen it, according to Foreign Ministry here.
Views on significant regional and global issues of mutual interest will also be exchanged during the meeting.
In addition, Bangladesh side will reiterate its invitation to the Albanian side for the forthcoming OIC-CFM to be hosted by Bangladesh in May 2018.