- PM to bid adieu 23 plane crash victims at Army Stadium
- Khaleda’s bail stayed till May 8 in graft case
- 1st janaza of 23 plane crash victims held in Nepal
- BNP to resist bid to hold lopsided polls, says Rizvi
- BNP stages demo protesting Milon’s death in custody
- DU teacher relieved of academic duties for assaulting fellow
- Govt mulling pvt sector`s participation in power transmission, distribution
- Rajshahi fresher fails to surface after falling into Padma
- Burglars loot ‘Tk 72 lakh’ from Unilever distributor’s office
- Youth gets life in prison for raping visually-impaired girl
Delay of releasing verdict copy surprises Dr Kamal
Gano Forum President Dr Kamal Hossain on Thursday said he was surprised to know that the verdict copy of a two-crore taka corruption case is not available even after a week of the court order.
“One was jailed in the corruption case and it was possible to secure bail for her in three days,” said the Constitute expert at the 5th founding anniversary programme of Oikyaboddho Chhatra Samaj at the National Press Club.
Requesting the lawyers to perform their duties with dignity, he said, “I fought for the freedom of the judicial system and had to go to jail for this.”
Expressing concern over murders and forced disappearances in the country, he said, "I must express concern about this because these did not happen even during British period.”
President of Krishak Sramik Janata League Abdul Kader Siddiqui was present as the special guest while the main speaker was former DACSU Vice-President Sultan Mohammad Mansur Ahmed.
With Oikyaboddho Chhatra Samaj President Azam Rupu in the chair, the programme was moderated by organisation's General Secretary Muhammad Ullah Madhu.