- 20-party leaders to meet Saturday
- No election keeping Khaleda in jail: Moudud
- Addressing Rohingays’ statelessness is key: UNHCR envoy
- Pakistan celebrates National Day with military parade
- Youth ‘commits suicide’ in Sirajganj
- Pilot Abid Sultan’s wife dies
- 3 DU students picked up by RAB
- Moudud for street movement to have Khaleda released
- Govt only changed AL men’s fortunes, alleges BNP
- Kakon Bibi laid to eternal rest
Man hacked dead by cousin in Satkhira
A young man was hacked to death allegedly by his cousin at Digong village in Helatola union of Kolaroa upazila on Friday night.
The deceased was identified as Rubel, 26, son Hasan Ali Dofadar of the village.
Abdul Alim, head-teacher of Helatola High School, said Rubel locked into an altercation with his cousin, Abu Sayed, an examinee of upcoming Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) and son of Afsar Ali of the village over seeking return the lending money.
Later, Sayed hacked Rubel over the altercation, leaving him dead on spot.
On information, police recovered the body from the spot, said Biplab Kumar Nath, officer-in-charge of Kolaroa Police Station.