- 20-party leaders to meet Saturday
- No election keeping Khaleda in jail: Moudud
- Addressing Rohingays’ statelessness is key: UNHCR envoy
- Pakistan celebrates National Day with military parade
- Youth ‘commits suicide’ in Sirajganj
- Pilot Abid Sultan’s wife dies
- 3 DU students picked up by RAB
- Moudud for street movement to have Khaleda released
- Govt only changed AL men’s fortunes, alleges BNP
- Kakon Bibi laid to eternal rest
Inu stresses on practising correct Bangla pronunciation, spelling in all offices
Information Minister Hasanul Haque Inu on Friday urged the authorities concern to practise correct Bangla pronunciation and spelling in all offices.
“We must come out from identity crisis to fulfill our cultural lacking. For this, we must stand firmly on our Bangla language,” he said while speaking as a chief guest at a seminar title ‘Beche thaki Bangla Bhasa’.
Bangla Language Teachers Council at National Academy for Educational Management (NAEM) organised the programme, said a PID hand out.
The minister said the fanatical groups were involved with conspiracy for giving the Bangla language in a communal form. So the conscious people must be alert against the groups.
Inu spoke to the mass media especially to the FM Radio Stations to avoid spending mixed languages or Banglish and practise Bangla in proper pronunciation and correct spelling.
Prof Panna Kaisar, Dr Ajoy Das Gupta and Prof Dr Ratan Siddiqui, among others, spoke at the seminar with Dr Ayesha Begum in the chair.