- PM to bid adieu 23 plane crash victims at Army Stadium
- Khaleda’s bail stayed till May 8 in graft case
- 1st janaza of 23 plane crash victims held in Nepal
- BNP to resist bid to hold lopsided polls, says Rizvi
- BNP stages demo protesting Milon’s death in custody
- DU teacher relieved of academic duties for assaulting fellow
- Govt mulling pvt sector`s participation in power transmission, distribution
- Rajshahi fresher fails to surface after falling into Padma
- Burglars loot ‘Tk 72 lakh’ from Unilever distributor’s office
- Youth gets life in prison for raping visually-impaired girl
Ekushey Book Fair witnesses huge crowd on Friday
Some 273 new titles were released at the Amar Ekushey Book Fair on Friday amid a huge crowd.
The fair that began with a moderate crowd at 11am witnessed huge gathering of book lovers in the afternoon, just before the evening.
Sellers were found busy with the crowd while huge visitors were found waiting to reach every entry point of the fair.
A total of 2,349, including the 16th day’s entrants, have so far hit the month-long Amar Ekushey Book Fair.
Moreover, children celebrated the Shishu Prohor (special hours for the children) from 11am to 1pm on Friday while the same schedule will be allotted for the children on Saturday.
Competitions on General Knowledge and Public Speaking for children and teenagers were held on the academy premises where Professor Robaet Ferdous was present as the guest.
Taranna Tabassum Lim, Showli Shamriza and Tasfia Chowdhury got the 1st, 2nd and 3rd position in the public speaking competition while Nusaiba Naznin Khan, Muntajim Rahman Saymon and Syeda Karim Misha placed 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the general knowledge competition.