- PM to bid adieu 23 plane crash victims at Army Stadium
- Khaleda’s bail stayed till May 8 in graft case
- 1st janaza of 23 plane crash victims held in Nepal
- BNP to resist bid to hold lopsided polls, says Rizvi
- BNP stages demo protesting Milon’s death in custody
- DU teacher relieved of academic duties for assaulting fellow
- Govt mulling pvt sector`s participation in power transmission, distribution
- Rajshahi fresher fails to surface after falling into Padma
- Burglars loot ‘Tk 72 lakh’ from Unilever distributor’s office
- Youth gets life in prison for raping visually-impaired girl
Wife beaten to death, husband held
A woman was beaten to death reportedly over her husband’s extramarital affair at a rice-mill in Parkukrali area of the town on Friday morning.
The deceased was identified as Sonia Khatun, 25, wife of accused Sddam Hossain of Shamnagar upazila and daughter of late Kawsar Ali of the same upazila.
Sonia’s elder brother Ziaur Rahman said Saddam and Sonia had been working at the rice-mill where Saddam got involved in an extramarital affair with one of his coworkers that turned into a family feud.
On information, police arrested Saddam and three of his accomplices from the spot, said Maruf Ahmed, officer-in-charge of Satkhira Police Station.
The dead body was sent to Satkhira Sadar Hospital for autopsy, the OC added.
In primary investigation it was found that Saddam might beaten her to death and hanged the body, said the OC.