- PM to bid adieu 23 plane crash victims at Army Stadium
- Khaleda’s bail stayed till May 8 in graft case
- 1st janaza of 23 plane crash victims held in Nepal
- BNP to resist bid to hold lopsided polls, says Rizvi
- BNP stages demo protesting Milon’s death in custody
- DU teacher relieved of academic duties for assaulting fellow
- Govt mulling pvt sector`s participation in power transmission, distribution
- Rajshahi fresher fails to surface after falling into Padma
- Burglars loot ‘Tk 72 lakh’ from Unilever distributor’s office
- Youth gets life in prison for raping visually-impaired girl
Bangladeshi woman killed in US road crash
A Bangladesh women was killed on Wednesday night after she was struck by a car while crossing a street in Chicago.
Bina Chowdhury, 42, a resident of Hoffman Avenue in Park Ridge area, was crossing Potter Road north of Farrell Avenue just after 6pm (local time) when she was hit by a car, reports local newspaper The Chicago Tribune quoting police.
Park Ridge Deputy Police Chief Duane Mellema said Bina was alone at the time she was crossing the street.
She was taken to Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge, where she later died of her injuries, police said.
Bina immigrated to the US with her family as a teenager and settled in Chicago, her nephew Sakif Ahmed told the newspaper.
Bina’s death remains under investigation by the Park Ridge police, authorities said.