- PM to bid adieu 23 plane crash victims at Army Stadium
- Khaleda’s bail stayed till May 8 in graft case
- 1st janaza of 23 plane crash victims held in Nepal
- BNP to resist bid to hold lopsided polls, says Rizvi
- BNP stages demo protesting Milon’s death in custody
- DU teacher relieved of academic duties for assaulting fellow
- Govt mulling pvt sector`s participation in power transmission, distribution
- Rajshahi fresher fails to surface after falling into Padma
- Burglars loot ‘Tk 72 lakh’ from Unilever distributor’s office
- Youth gets life in prison for raping visually-impaired girl
No bar for BNP to take part in polls: Inu
Information Minister Hasanul Haque Inu on Friday said there was no barrier for Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) to take part in the upcoming national elections.
He said the court will destine the future of Khaleda Zia whether she can be take part in the polls or not. But the BNP leaders are adopting contrivances for moving away from the election over the verdict of Zia Orphanage Trust graft case, he observed.
A special court here convicted former Prime Minister and BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia in the graft case and sentenced her to five years’ imprisonment on February 8 last.
Now, Khaleda was imprisoned at old central jail in Nazimuddin road of the city.
Information Minister came up with the remarks in a remembrance meeting of slain Jatiya Samajtantrik Dal (JSD) leader Kazi Aref Ahmed at Muktijoddha Graveyard in Mirpur Mazar road in the city marking the 19th death anniversary of the leader, said a PID handout.
The minister also placed floral wreath at the grave of Kazi Aref.