- PM to bid adieu 23 plane crash victims at Army Stadium
- Khaleda’s bail stayed till May 8 in graft case
- 1st janaza of 23 plane crash victims held in Nepal
- BNP to resist bid to hold lopsided polls, says Rizvi
- BNP stages demo protesting Milon’s death in custody
- DU teacher relieved of academic duties for assaulting fellow
- Govt mulling pvt sector`s participation in power transmission, distribution
- Rajshahi fresher fails to surface after falling into Padma
- Burglars loot ‘Tk 72 lakh’ from Unilever distributor’s office
- Youth gets life in prison for raping visually-impaired girl
BD, India to celebrate Int’l Mother Language Day jointly
Like previous years, Bangladesh and India will jointly celebrate the International Mother Language Day on 21st February on Bangladesh-India no man’s land at Benapole check post.
The decision was taken at a joint meeting at Bangaon Municipality office in India.
Benapole and Bangaon municipalities on both sides of the border have already started taking preparation to make the event successful, said Benapole Municipality Mayor Ashraful Alam Liton.
West Bengal Food Minister Jyotipriya Mallick will inaugurate the programme in the morning. A blood donation camp will be organised where people from both the countries will donate blood, said Ashraful.
“The day will be celebrated very gorgeously,” he added.