- PM to bid adieu 23 plane crash victims at Army Stadium
- Khaleda’s bail stayed till May 8 in graft case
- 1st janaza of 23 plane crash victims held in Nepal
- BNP to resist bid to hold lopsided polls, says Rizvi
- BNP stages demo protesting Milon’s death in custody
- DU teacher relieved of academic duties for assaulting fellow
- Govt mulling pvt sector`s participation in power transmission, distribution
- Rajshahi fresher fails to surface after falling into Padma
- Burglars loot ‘Tk 72 lakh’ from Unilever distributor’s office
- Youth gets life in prison for raping visually-impaired girl
PM mourns FF Fayek Mia’s death
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Saturday expressed deep shock at the death of Mohammad Fayek Mia, a valiant freedom fighter and sub-sector commander during the Liberation War.
In a condolence message, the prime minister recalled with profound respect the outstanding contributions of Fayek Mia to the Liberation War. "The nation has lost a valiant freedom fighter at his death," she said.
Sheikh Hasina prayed for eternal peace of the departed soul and conveyed profound sympathy to the bereaved family members.
Fayek Mia, 72, was a commander of Gopalganj Muktijoddha Sangsad and two-time elected chairman of Barni union parishad in Tungipara upazila.
He is survived by his wife, four sons, two daughters as well as a host of relatives and well-wishers to mourn his death.