- PM to bid adieu 23 plane crash victims at Army Stadium
- Khaleda’s bail stayed till May 8 in graft case
- 1st janaza of 23 plane crash victims held in Nepal
- BNP to resist bid to hold lopsided polls, says Rizvi
- BNP stages demo protesting Milon’s death in custody
- DU teacher relieved of academic duties for assaulting fellow
- Govt mulling pvt sector`s participation in power transmission, distribution
- Rajshahi fresher fails to surface after falling into Padma
- Burglars loot ‘Tk 72 lakh’ from Unilever distributor’s office
- Youth gets life in prison for raping visually-impaired girl
Unable to get at source, authorities target kids at retail level
Police on Saturday arrested nine boys aged 16-18 for their alleged involvement in the SSC question paper leak.
The identities of the juvenile offenders, who were alleged to be selling on copies of the leaked question paper at Tk 3-400 per copy is not publishing.
It may be mentioned there is no suggestion from any party that any of the kids are The stage at which they were involved suggests they themselves came across the leak, as opposed to its original source.
Special Company Commander of Rab 6 Md Enayet Hossain Mannan confirmed the arrests, which were made by police acting on a tip-off just 2 hours before the start of today’s Bangladesh and Global Studies exam at 10am.
Elsewhere, in Jamalpur acoaching center was held along with his mobile phone from in front of designated exam centre Bakshiganj NM High School in Bakshiganj upazila just minutes before today’s Bangladesh and Global Studies exam was about to commence.
The detainee was identified as Sabuj Mia, 30, teacher of a local coaching center.
Bakshiganj Upazila Nirbaahi Officer (UNO) Abu Hasan Siddique said Sabuj was held only two minutes before the exam was scheduled to start in the morning.
At almost the same time, on the same premises, another man, Azahar Ali Sazu, headmaster of a local primary school, was held along with a leaked question paper from the same examination center, he added.