- PM to bid adieu 23 plane crash victims at Army Stadium
- Khaleda’s bail stayed till May 8 in graft case
- 1st janaza of 23 plane crash victims held in Nepal
- BNP to resist bid to hold lopsided polls, says Rizvi
- BNP stages demo protesting Milon’s death in custody
- DU teacher relieved of academic duties for assaulting fellow
- Govt mulling pvt sector`s participation in power transmission, distribution
- Rajshahi fresher fails to surface after falling into Padma
- Burglars loot ‘Tk 72 lakh’ from Unilever distributor’s office
- Youth gets life in prison for raping visually-impaired girl
BNP to submit memo to DC offices Sunday
Alongside continuing its mass signature collection campaign, BNP is going to submit memorandums to all the Deputy Commissioner (DC) offices across the country, including the capital, on Sunday demanding the release of its chairperson Khaleda Zia.
Speaking at a press briefing at BNP’s Nayapaltan central office on Saturday, party senior joint secretary general Ruhul Kabir Rizvi said party leaders and activists will gather around Dhaka deputy commissioner’s office at Old Dhaka on Sunday and submit the memorandum around 12 noon.
He said their party leaders and followers in all other districts will go in processions to the DC offices and submit the memorandum at their convenient time between 9am to 5pm.
The BNP leader alleged that though they are holding peaceful programmes, the government has kept arresting their party men all over the country.
He claimed that around 4,725 leaders and activists of BNP and its associate bodies have so far been arrested since January 30.
Rizvi demanded the government immediately release them.