- PM to bid adieu 23 plane crash victims at Army Stadium
- Khaleda’s bail stayed till May 8 in graft case
- 1st janaza of 23 plane crash victims held in Nepal
- BNP to resist bid to hold lopsided polls, says Rizvi
- BNP stages demo protesting Milon’s death in custody
- DU teacher relieved of academic duties for assaulting fellow
- Govt mulling pvt sector`s participation in power transmission, distribution
- Rajshahi fresher fails to surface after falling into Padma
- Burglars loot ‘Tk 72 lakh’ from Unilever distributor’s office
- Youth gets life in prison for raping visually-impaired girl
CJ for joint efforts to eradicate irregularities from SC
Chief Justice Syed Mahmud Hossain on Sunday underscored the need for joint efforts together with lawyers to end irregularities in the Supreme Court.
Attending a commemorative programme on Barrister Shawkat Ali Khan, former presidium member of Awami League, organised by ‘Shawkat Ali Khan’s Associates’, the Chief Justice also said he is eagerly waiting for a list containing anomalies in the court from the Supreme Court Bar Association (SCBA) president.
“When the Bar Association president formally met me for the first time, I asked him to inform me about the court irregularities. He told me he would give me a list,” he said.
Mahmud Hossain said this commemorative programme will be successful only when all will jointly root out anomalies from the apex court.
Attorney General Mahbubey Alam, Dr Kamal Hossain, Barrister M Amir-ul Islam, Jamiruddin Sircar, SCBA President Zainul Abedin and Abdul Baset Majumder were present at the programme held with Shawkat Ali Khan’s grandson Barrister Rehan Hossain in the chair.